A good CRM system can help you bring your business fully into the digital era, while simultaneously reducing marketing costs.
Although you may already be using some digital media, such as social media, your company could still have a high level of paper waste, which amounts to lost time and money. Even if you are using some form of CRM already, it is likely that your business still keeps some paper records on file, rather than having a fully digital System. But paper waste is really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the ways that CRM can help you lower your costs.
How Having a CRM Saves Money
- Business processes are streamlined through easier access to and retrieval of information.
- Staff will spend less time trying to find or organize information on a daily basis.
- CRM give you an enhanced ability to provide accurate, timely, and transparent responses to customers.
- There will be less time spent on the creation, storage, retrieval and handling of paper records.
- Decisions can be better informed when the right information is at your fingertips.
- Customers can be provided with the very best service when information related to them is found quickly.
Bridging the Gap Between Sales and Marketing
It cannot be stressed enough that all members of the team must understand the process that exists between marketing and sales. There should be an agreement about what is communicated by marketing, and what should be communicated by sales. Poor sales and marketing alignment makes it too easy for leads to be lost or marked as dead (because there is no recycling of the customers or insufficient CRM processes in place). Systems must be implemented that will include both the sales and the marketing departments if they are going to be effective.
Want to know more? Check back next week for part 6!