Onboarding Options for Migration Success Unforeseen Migration Challenges Managing migrations presents several challenges for managed service providers (MSPs) and internal IT teams. Migrations are highly visible and complex undertakings that often occur under strict...
Bits & Bytes
The BitTitan Blog for Service Providers
MigrationWiz New Feature: SharePoint App-Based Authentication
Last month, we launched new app-based authentication for SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Office 365 Groups (Documents) migrations, and Teams migrations. This app will provide greater security and reduce the potential of Microsoft throttling. It will replace the previous Office 365 authentication, which has been subject to increased throttling by Microsoft recently. This new authentication method is specific to Office 365 tenants.
Note: This app must be added in both .microsoftonline.com tenants (Source and Destination) to reduce throttling and failures due to Microsoft throttling policy changes. Refer to this help article for more details.
- Set a limit of 400 for the ‘Maximum number of concurrent migrations’ to better manage the processing capacity.
- After the fix, the user will see a warning if the number exceeds the 400 limit.
- Improved error messages when an assessment fails.
- Previously, the error message did not indicate which specific user e-mail address was not a Global Administrator.
- After the fix, the specific user e-mail address is clearly indicated.
Register for a FREE BitTitan Account
Create an account now and start planning your project.