At BitTitan, we talk a lot about automated deployments of Outlook and how easy this process is with DeploymentPro. Working as a module within our Device Managment Agent (DMA), DeploymentPro can be installed via email or Group Policy silently in the end user’s environment. If you’d like to learn more about this solution, check out this on-demand webinar now and say goodbye to that manual work.
However, we haven’t really touched on manual configurations of Outlook; this is especially handy when you run into situations where DeploymentPro is not a fit.
Situations to consider manual configuration are:
1) Installing Outlook for MAC
2) Installing Outlook for Mobile
3) Multifactor Authentication in Office 365
4) Customer prevents the installation of non-managed software on corporate assets
For the times where you need to manually configure Outlook, please view Microsoft Outlook Quick Start.
Quick guide for new installations of Outlook on a PC:
- Double click Outlook and the Welcome to Outlook screen will open
- Autodiscover will look up your email server based on your email address.